Title: Support Engineer
Business Unit: Web Connections Support Department
Purpose: Web Connection is a Fibre ISP brand focused on selling fibre connectivity to residential customers in pre-fibred areas. This is a brand new industry that is growing exponentially, that requires a technical mind with the ability to effectively communicate over the phone, on email, and in person. Students or young graduates are preferred. The successful candidate must have their own reliable transport and valid driver’s license.
- Deliver first line support service via the Service Desk, receiving incidents and service requests from various routes including call Centre, email and web portal.
- Deliver a professional and consistent level of service that provides resolutions within service level agreement deadlines.
- Work in accordance with the Service Desk and incident management policies, process, procedures, and work instructions.
- Log, prioritize and assign support calls, escalate when appropriate and communicate progress to all relevant parties.
- Update and communicate accurate and comprehensive information to support second and field engineers.
- Work collaboratively with other Support Engineers and Business Unit Engineers.
- Perform account administration tasks and system checks.
- Follow procedures for known fixes and workarounds.
- Matric/Grade 12
- Computer literacy
- Microsoft Office experience
- Telephone and email etiquette
- Valid driver’s licence and own reliable transport
- Sales or Marketing experience beneficial
- Basic home IT technical exposure beneficial
- Customer centric
- CompTIA A+ (Essential)
- CompTIA N+ (Essential)
- Microsoft MTA Certification
- Microsoft MCSA Certification
- Avaya IP Office Certification
- Cisco Networking Certification
- HP Networking Certification
- Huawei Networking Certifications
- 1 – 2 years IT Experience